Vimeo TV (via TubeFilter) has announced the debut of a new toolkit for designers to demonstrate their work, including Smart TV channels and adaptable portfolio websites (via vimeo.com/activate). If you want to show off your work online, the company suggests trying out its new showcase feature. It has three components—a bespoke portfolio/video platform, the ability to embed movie playlists on live websites, and TV shows for Professional users—that will enable designers to establish their own Smart TV channels, which can be disseminated via Roku and Amazon Fire TVs.
How can you watch Vimeo TV on Smart TV?
On a Smart TV, you probably won’t be able to access or consume content using the built-in internet browser. To put it another way, it might work, but that browser isn’t one of the ones we officially support. Here’s how to view a Smart TV’s guest if you’re interested in giving it a shot:
- Go to an internet browser on your home television and navigate the site.
- If you are asked to enter your email address, look for vimeo.com/activate.
- Sending back your email address will trigger a message with a link.
- Get the login email, open it on another device (a computer or mobile phone), and hit the log-in button.
- You need to be able to watch TV again, so go ahead and return to that window.
- If these preventative steps don’t work, your Smart TV probably won’t work with anything.
Compatibility of the Vimeo TV
Vimeo films can be viewed on various devices besides mobile phones. To begin, Vimeo offers native software for the following services and goods: Both the 4th and 5th generation Apple TVs support tvOS and can display 4K content.
- Do a search for “Vimeo” in the Software Vault.
- If you own a Roku player or a TV that supports the Roku platform, you can access the app page by searching for “Vimeo” in the Roku channel store.
- If you own an Android-powered TV (such as an NVidia Shield TV, Sony TV, or Xiaomi Mi Box), go to the Bing Perform Keep and search for “Vimeo.”
- Amazon’s Fire TV set-top boxes
- Navigate to Amazon Fire TV’s app store by searching for “Vimeo” or visiting the app’s dedicated page.
- Chromecast: Cast the videos you’ve been watching on Vimeo on your Android or iOS device with Chromecast.
Over the years, there has been a steady stream of smartphone and TV app channels come and go, along with a steady stream of shifting priorities for these devices. If you want to watch movies from Vimeo on your home television, consider using one of the aforementioned methods.
Vimeo content is no longer promoted on these platforms:
- The Apple TV is a media streaming device (2nd and 3rd technology, with the Vimeo app pre-installed)
- LED TVs by Philips
- Blu-ray gamers and screens by Samsung
- Sony’s Blu-ray players and TVs (running the Chrome TV Marketplace)
- The Xbox 360 is a game console developed and produced by Microsoft.
- Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Phone.