Do you want to know how to download Facebook videos? You are in the proper location. You can watch Facebook videos anywhere you are, whether or not you have access to the internet, by downloading them.
Unfortunately, unlike some of the top streaming services like YouTube Premium or Netflix, there is no official option to download videos from Facebook. You may have noticed the “Save video” button next to videos on the website, but this simply adds the movie to a list of your saved videos, which is similar to a list of your favorite films, so you may watch it at a later time on the app or website.
Fortunately, there is a method to download Facebook videos that is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices. Before you begin, you must confirm that the video you’re downloading doesn’t have any copyright limitations. If not, you can find yourself in trouble.
Additionally, remember that the person who uploaded the private movies could suddenly want you to download them; after all, they were likely made private for a reason.
Here’s how to download Facebook videos after making sure to tick both of the aforementioned points.
How to download Facebook videos on a computer
1. Locate the video you wish to download on the Facebook website (opens in a new tab) using your desktop browser.
2. Select the video you want to watch. Click the three dots button on the right side of the video when it begins to play.
3. Select “Copy link” from the drop-down option that appears. The fourth item down is it.
4. Add this link to a new tab in your browser. It could be abbreviated to “FB watch” in the link. If so, hit Enter to make it expand, and you should then see a link that resembles the one seen in the screenshot below.
5. Next, change “www” to “mbasic” in the URL in the address bar.
6. Choose “Open link in new tab” when you right-click on the video.
7. The Facebook video will be the only thing visible on the new tab. To download the movie to your computer, right-click it and select “Save video as.”
While there are programs that claim to be able to download Facebook videos on mobile devices, using the website FBDown.net is a much easier option. The FBDown.net website won’t load properly on Safari on an iPhone or iPad, therefore you’ll need to download the Firefox browser (opens in a new tab). This works on Android and iOS.
Remember that this technique only applies to Facebook videos that have been shared publicly.
1. Launch the Facebook app on your phone and sign in.
2. Once you’ve located the video you wish to download, click the ‘Share’ option there.
3. Slide your finger across the screen until the “Copy Link” option appears. Tap it.
4. Launch your mobile browser and navigate to www.fbdown.net. If you’re using an iPhone, remember to use Firefox (opens in a new tab).
Enter the video URL in the box in the page’s middle, then click “Download.”
5. Click the “Normal Quality” or “High Quality” download option on the following page. This affects the video’s file size and storage requirements on your mobile device.
6. This will go to a new page that only displays the Facebook video. When the option to “Download video” pops up, long-press the video.
The video will be saved to your mobile device, where you may see it whenever you like and play it without an internet connection.